"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm having babies!!!

Yes folks, me - Mrs Non-Maternal of the Millennium, I am having TONS of babies and enjoying every minute of it.

Their names are Lavendar Lady, Tanacetum, Cineraria, Foxglove, and Allium, to name but a few. No, not mad celebrity names but the names of the seeds currently sprouting in my mini-propagator.

I never thought the day would come when I started enjoying gardening. Now I've dug over and raked the back garden ready for re-seeding, and cut my borders and marked them out with twine, I am delighting in browsing garden centres perusing the plant name tags and reading the latin names that once used to irritate me so much. At the seed counter I am a shopping monster, packet after packet go into my basket, there's so much to choose from! Into the propagator they go and I watch excitedly every day as their little reedy sprouts get bigger and stronger. *sigh* my babies!

I maintain that I am still NOT getting maternal for babies of the fleshy kind. Plant babies are cool, you can leave them in their propagator and go to work, and Social Services won't be onto you for cruelty. They eat very little food and cost bugger all to mainatin. And once you stick them outside in a flower bed they look after themselves without any Teen tantrums. And if they start to piss you off then you just uproot them and chuck them away - and still no prison sentence. Excellent! Then onto the seed counter and choose something else.

Here are some pics of the garden before and after, and of my babies ....



No comments: