"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Friday, September 29, 2006

IDIOTS

Jeeez what a day first off, the new departmental website I built and uploaded on Tuesday had several "issues" that had to be straightened out, and some bigwig was ranting about how it may have lost us potential student applications due to broken links. Hmmm so if a website link is broken you can't pick up the phone and say "your website is broken can I have postgrad application details please?" Not that it's an excuse for broken links though, but still - I *doubt* it would have put people off .

I worked like a trojan sorting all the issues out and didn't have my lunch hour, added to that zillions of emails popping up that were duly ignored, and the constant stream of Undergrads with their endless questions. Argh!

Once all issues were resolved and everyone was happy I left early to compensate for no lunch break. I get to my bike and some ****** has nicked my bike pump. Well I hope their life is richer now they didn't have to spend £6 at Halfords to buy their own, instead *I* will have to spend £6 to replace it.

Then I hit the cycle path. Big green painted path with big CYCLE symbols on it. And there are people walking on it, despite and empty path right next to them, which is where the humans walk. They see me coming, and they don't move, they keep walking straight at me, as if I should get out of their way and go onto the human path to avoid them.

By now I am steaming so I ride towards them, expecting them to finally move. Which they do - by about an inch, tutting loudly as I skim past them. Oh I'm sorry, YOU walk on the wrong path and tut at me for not getting out of your way?

So I get onto the main road and grind to a halt waiting for the traffic to let me turn right, which nobody does for about 5 minutes, such is the rush of their busy lives. One utter plonker in a shiny Chelsea Tractor with the back full of kids, driving with one hand and talking on his mobile, whizzes past my right side so near I feel his wing mirror on my coat sleeve. Meanwhile other cars are whizzing past my left hand side as I start to fear for my life and hope that at least ONE motorist can spare 15 seconds of their lives to slow down and let me TURN. Which one finally does, who I reward with a nice wave.

Carrying on down the road a black Mondeo zooms past me, decides she wants to turn left, slams the brakes on and starts to turn, only just stopping in time as she realises I'm screeching to a halt behind her, missing her bumper by about an inch. As I turn the air blue with frustration she starts waving her arms and screeching "come on then!!!!" at me. Oh I'm sorry once more that YOU are a Numptie of a driver and don't care that I nearly rammed into the back of you and injured myself and my bike - I do apologise it's all my fault..........

I finally got home in one piece and mad as hell at the sheer stupidity and ignorance of people today.

I need a whiskey........

No comments: