"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Friday, September 15, 2006

Frankenrat


Spare a thought for my poor rattie Franklin, who at 11 months old, had to have a tumour removed yesterday. Despite the tumour being about 2", the cut on his back is almost 3 times that. Frankenrat!

I'm pissed at the vet because a week ago she told me it was a harmless cyst and not to worry and bring her back in a week, but during that week it morphed into a full-on tumour. THe earlier you get these things the better it is :-( so now there's a chance that another lump could regrow, despite them saying they got it all out.

Unfortunately rats are predisposed to get tumours, it's just the way they are. I feed mine good food and brocolli (anti-cancer superfood) most days, but that did bugger-all to protect poor Franklin.

He slept most of last night and was obviously feeling the pain, despite being drugged to the hilt - was a bit perkier today so I'm hoping he won't chew or scratch his stitches out. The cost of the operation was £83, most of that was the cost of all the anaesthetics and drugs used. My friend says I'm mad and that I should just "wring his neck and buy another for a fiver" but he's worth every penny. However if he does get another lump I won't put him through this again and it will be off to the rat cage in the sky when the time comes :(

No comments: