"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Monday, July 31, 2006

War - a child's view

I saw this poem while visiting the 95th Bomb Group USAAF museum in Horham - it was in a book of "thank you" letters from a local school who had visited the base. Their teacher had asked them to write letters of thanks and a poem about what they had learned about WW2.

"I wish I was not on this plane, because I might not come back.
I wish I was back at home because I do not want to fight.
I wish the war would stop because people are dying.
I wish the bombs would miss because homes are being destroy (sic)."

What an incredible poem from such a young child - the name and age were not there but the writing told me it was a VERY young child. He /she wrote this poem after spending just one day visiting the museum, looking at the pictures, and hearing stories of the airmen who came to East Anglia over 60 years ago.

It applied to WW2 and also to today's wars. We should all take note.

No comments: