"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Stop them now!

It's official - fat girls should NOT be allowed to wear hipsters . At Banham Zoo I witnessed a girl who actually looked like she had a beer belly. She looked like the big dude out of The Incredibles - a huge belly and bum belted in over tight hipsters, then normal sized legs. As she walked past me and I got a side view of her, she actually had the classic "beer-belly overhang" of your average Tetley drinker. HOW THE F*CK DOES SHE THINK THAT'S ATTRACTIVE? How can it be comfortable for her to wear?

During the falconry display another young girl "of significant girth" sat down in front of me, once again in hipsters. As she sat down I don't think she realised that the whole of her lower back, top of her arse, and a good percentage of her butt-crack were promptly displayed to the whole audience sitting behind her. Oh how I longed for my camera...

People openly go "yuk" when they see beer-bellied men rippling down the street, but I bet I will receive a few nasty comments from people because of my comments on fat girls in hipsters. Isn't it much the same thing though? Why is it taboo to comment on a girl's size, yet funny when we comment on men's sizes?

And why don't clothing manufacturers just NOT make hipsters above a size 14, that would solve the problem overnight!

"They can wear what they want" you cry - well yes, but when it's screamingly obvious that it's too small for you or a poor fit, or very unflattering, or reveals acres of podgy pinky flesh, why wear it?? Are we that slavish to fashion? Discuss!!

UPDATE 13-4-05: fantasy_dreams701 you have a good point - when the f*ck are hipsters going to become unfashionable so people will stop buying them? Which celeb can we get to promote better-fitting trousers and make hipsters undesirable? If we want better fitting trousers the only choice is granny stuff from Debenhams or M&S, or in my case, repro 1940s trousers that cost me nearly £40. Hence learning to sew, then I can make my own and sod what the shops are selling!!!

No comments: