"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Pay road tax and you can kill people!

Cycling home again last night and yet another female motorist with a car full of kids pulls out in front of me from a side street. Screech of brakes and torrent of vaguely abusive words towards said motorist (I'd been working late, was slightly stressed) and I carried on. She catches me up with her window wound down and screeches back "don't tell me what to do until you pay road tax". PARDON????

So let me see - you nearly knock me off my bike then tell me I'm in the wrong because I don't pay road tax? Fantastic! I'm sure that if I'd been lying in a heap on the road with a smashed bike and a smashed leg you would tell me the same thing? So paying road tax gives you the right to drive like a blind woman, nearly kill people, and STILL be in the right? I'll be going out tonight in my Volvo and picking a few off then....

No comments: