- Swindler Derek Hersey, 66, is suing the Home Office for nearly £300,000 after claiming the bed in his cell at Camp Hill Prison on the Isle of Wight was too hard.
- Fraudster Michael Ashton, 50, has launched a damages claim after saying he got too sweaty in a prison van.
- Junkie Philip Gorman, 39, sued prison chiefs after cutting his thumb on a bed during refurbishment work at Perth Prison in 1996.
- A prisoner in an American jail sued for mental distress after ice cream that a guard had served him had melted.
Now read these statistics:
- Sara Payne got just £11,000 after her little daughter Sarah, seven, was murdered.
- Nursery nurse Lisa Potts, who saved kids from a machete nut, was awarded £49,000.
- Francesca Quintyne, eight, had to appeal to get £23,000 for injuries in the same attack.
Now I'm not a great fan of today's compensation culture but I think that if anyone deserves compensation it is people whose families have been brutally murdered, or someone who has survived an attempted murder or a horrendous physical attack. NOT THE SCUM THAT PERFORM THE CRIMES!!!
Criminals should lose ALL THEIR RIGHTS once they are convicted, and certainly should not be allowed to sue for ridiculous claims such as getting sweaty in a prison van. For f**ks sake somebody sort it out!!!! What is the point in being a normal citizen nowadays, I may as well turn into a heroin dealing skank and I'd probably end up a millionaire in less than a year from various compensation claims, benefits, oh and probably a lottery win too.