"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Ahhh mums of today

Cycling to work today I passed the junior school and my ears were assaulted by a lovely, caring mum slamming the door of her car and shouting at her little toddler "You're facking pissing me off now, stop facking lying to me" *SLAM* and other such mother-like conversations. The little kid weas protesting weakly about whaver he had done, but Mum of the Year didn't care, and carried on "Facking" for all to hear.

This was near the Lollipop Lady and dozens of other parents, who all pretended not to hear, and smiled politely. I was on the verge of saying "You really should't talk like that in front of your child", as I sat waiting for the kids to cross the road - but considering I have to cycle past these people every morning, I didn't fancy being run over by her the following day.

I wish someone had told her off and made her realise just what she was doing to her kid. The poor thing will now spend the day at school unsettled and upset, and worried whether or not mummy will still be mad at him when she picks him up tonight.

By all means, tell your child off, but use appropriate language and don't bawl at him for the world to see.

No comments: