"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bank charges - bastards

So I've sent a letter off to try and reclaim £25 that was charged to my account this weekend, for a cheque that bounced. The day BEFORE the bounced cheque went thru, another cheque I'd paid in was showing on my balance sheet, therefore I assumed there was enough money in my account to cover it. But no, it bounced and I get slammed for £25. So I emailed Cahoot for an explanation and they said that even though the amount appeared on my statement, I should have still allowed for 3 working days to pass for the funds to go through.

If this is the case then why the fuck did they bother showing the amount on my statement, if technically, the money wasn't there? I'd ratheer it didn't appear until the CASH WAS THERE - FFS.

So I downloaded one of those letter templates and adapted it to suit my claim. All I want back is the £25, I will go to small claims court if I have to, it's the principle I'm fighting agsint. These bastards keep announcing ridiculous profits year after year, while us, "the Little People" pay thru the nose in charges. Research has shown that it costs £2 in admin fees to bounce a cheque. So the remaining £23 is pure profiteering and greed.

If every Cahoot customer closed their accounts and withdrew their money THEN where would the fuckers be??????

Fingers crossed...........

No comments: