"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Madness

News today that a beer advert featuring a man standing with his pint surrounded by "well dressed people" has been banned because it "conveys the impression that drinking will make you socially successful".

Good grief exactly who decided to ban this? Were there complaints from the public, or was it some pencil-necked bureaucrat who has nothing better to do with his time?!?!

We're not stupid, we don't believe that boozing will launch us into the stratosphere of A-list glamour. Anyone out ther who DOES believe that, well...there's just no hope for them.

So does this mean that the famous Ferrero Roche adverts featuring the glamorous elite tucking into the vile nutty chocs and pronouncing them "ecshellente" will be banned too? In case we think that eating chocolate will turn us into rich playboys? What about all the perfume adverts featuring stunning women? The Gilette adverts featuring chisel-jawed men? Oh no, so does that mean that if I spent £40 on some stinky Estee Lauder concoction, that I WON'T turn into Liz Hurley?????

Also today I had to go home from work to let the B&Q delivery men into my house to drop off two large sliding wardrobe doors. I asked them to put them in the upstairs bedroom .... "Can't go upstairs love, not covered by insurance - if I tripped and fell I'm not insured".

Good God I can't cope any longer this is just ridiculous. So if I'd been an old biddy then what was I meant to do, carry them upstairs myself? I'm surprised they even dared to take a step up into my porch, incase they tripped? Who would they sue? ME for having a f*cking porch?????

Someone has to draw the line somewhere .....

No comments: