"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Sunday, March 18, 2007

First public outing in armour - ARGH!

I went out on campus on 15th March for Comic Relief - Viv and Shaz were my two spotters and bucket collectors, they were under pain of death to not stray even 2m away from me and they were GREAT - felt very safe with them, Viv was counting the stairs down as I went up/down them so I knew when they ended or began :D, she let me know if there was so much as a speck of grass in my way :hugs: and kept overenthusiastic students at bay.

We raised £90 in just over an hour, got a great reception from the students, and loads of pictures were taken by Shaz, check them out HERE. I even had a marriage proposal from one rather keen student :D and I held a pool ball hostage until the players donated

Had to do the collection today as most of the students went home and there'd be no-one to collect from tomorrow!

Armour was MEGA COMFY, no chafing or nipping at all. However, I used a rechargeable battery in my ROM/FX and at the end of the outing I was sounding like a broken record, "R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-ROMFX ROMFX ROMFX ROMFX". Couldn't reach the switch to turn it off but thankfully it just died. So normal Duracell from now on I think. Fan was good and I didn't mist up either, even in the Union bar! Nobody had a pop at my American accent either

Points to note - need to aim blaster better for pictures, need to have a more "manly" stance too!! I'm glad I did it, as I was TERRIFIED and wanted to get over it before MEM in 2 weeks time. My entire digestive system liquefied and I was on the loo all morning before kitting up - and I couldn't find my Rescue Remedy either....





No comments: