"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cycle helmets rock

Yep I give a hearty thumbs up to the old Melon Helmets that us cyclists wear, and I encourage you ALL to wear one when you cycle - cos if I'd not had mine on last night I swear my skull would have been seriously split open and this morning I'd have been in hospital.

Big thanks to the ignorant blind TWAT who firstly blocked the cycle path lounging on his bike while chatting to a fluffy blonde, then even more Brownie points to him for deciding to cycle off without looking as I passed him. BANG and down I went. Swearing like a fishwife at him I got up, and he was awfully nice and apologetic and suitably sorry, but as I'd had the worst day of the year at work so far, I just got up, said I was OK then cycled off before he could see that I was blubbing like a pansy. Darn it I didn't even see his face to check whether he was fit or not.

I got home and sat and howled for half an hour, such was the crappiness of my day. Then this morning I witness a dad step out into the road holding the hand of his young son, right into the path of a car, which slammed on the brakes and narrowly missed them both. Dad didn't seem to notice or even look round, and neither did son. Way to go with the Highway Code guys.

Further along my journey I witness Stupid Student cycling along while texting. She wobbled dangerously as I passed her and by now I was so jumpy I nearly fell off again. I really wanted to just stick out my leg and kick her off her f*cking bike into the hedge.

So remember kiddies, you may look stupid with a huge plastic melon on your head but I'd rather look stupid than have a fractured skull or worse ....

No comments: