"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Rock Music Will Send You To Hell

Good blog from http://spaces.msn.com/members/halfsara666/

Rock Music Will Send You To Hell

No, really.
Just look at this if you don't believe me.

http://www.bible-truths.org/tracts/rockmu~1.htm

I particularly enjoyed the part about rock concerts involving ritual sacrifice and encouraging rape and murder. Now there's a gig I'd like to see.

The bunch of hypocrtical narrow minded bigots who wrote that load of rubbish also decided to completely disregard ANY rock musician who is religious (And there are loads) saying that "It is a deceit and is in deadly opposition to the life of Christ within you". Well, that's me petrified into believing doing or listening to anything remotely enjoyable will send me straight to the fiery inferno below.

Personally, I have no idea whether or not I believe in anything. Organised religion in particular is just an excuse for power over people, and is also the biggest excuse for war ever created.
Whatever happened to the freedom to worship whatever deity you happen to believe in, in the way you want to? If I want to pray to the Almighty while listening to Slipknot full blast and bedecked in pentagrams, then I will. So there.

No comments: