"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Aaargh put it away...

Today was the first mildly warm day of the year, and walking through Norwich on my lunch hour I observed the typical Brit reaction to this weather. KIT OFF!!!!!

Suddenly everyone had the urge to strip. It wasn't quite t-shirt weather but what the hell! The sun's out! Kit off!! Acres of pale pinky corned-beef flesh was revealed as girls who have yet to visit a gym donned cropped tops and short skirts, and let it all hang out - literally. Quiet word girls...midriff-baring tops are a privilege, not a right! I don't get it - if I looked in the mirror and saw that my flobby belly was hanging out over my belt, I'd totally not leave the house! Are they blind? Do they think it's attractive? (PS I don't have a flobby belly...) One girl was spotted in flip-flops, the lads donned their Oakleys and wore their sleeveless t-shirts, and pub beer-gardens were dotted with people sitting outside and rubbing their goosebumps. I suspected there was already a rush on to find a beach and lie on it.

I felt quite silly because I was still wearing my duffle coat! Pace yourself guys, summer won't be with us until July at the latest......I guess that here in the UK we are all so desperate for a bit of cheerful sunshine that the first sign of it and we go a bit bananas. I wonder how we Brits would cope if the tropics suddenly reversed and the UK became as hot as Australia. So much sun, so much heat! Aaargh! Kit off every day! Can't cope! Must lie on the beach and crisp myself in the first day!

No comments: