"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become."
- Steve Jobs

Sunday, January 09, 2005

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

On Saturday I was in my kitchen and a car pulled up outside with a family of three in it. Dad got out to go to the shops and mum sat there with her fat spaniel on her lap, and son with his Liverpool shirt in the back seat. As I watched, she wound down the window and son threw out a handful of litter. The fact that his mother didn't tell him off for doing this was amazing. I stomped outside (in my dressing gown, hair in a towel), picked up their litter and gave it back to them with a polite "do you mind not littering outside our flat please?" "oh sorry" she mumbled as she took back her litter (at least she looked me in the bloody eye). I went back in and dad came back from the shops, started the car, and as they drove off she threw the litter out again and they all laughed.

IS IT ANY WONDER I WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY. It may only seem to a small incident to you lot, but to me it sums up the attitude of Britain today - ignorance, disregard, lack of respect, and general "don't give a stuff". It's very saddening :-( If I had it within my power I'd have followed them back to their house and dumped a skip full of CRAP right on their lawn......

No comments: